Supervisor II of Child Care Services
Supervisor II of Child Care Services
Job no: 493568
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Role: Supervisor II of Child Care Services
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Rate of Pay:$ 49,575
An employee in this classification performs work of moderate difficulty by assisting management in the total administration of classroom and office procedures. Work is distinguished by the abilty to supervise Early Childhood Lab School staff and to ensure a supportive, nurturing environment that facilitates cognitive, social and physical development. Direction is received by the assigned manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable skill in providing excellent customer service.
- Oversee staff in daily Early Childhood Lab School operations to ensure a safe, nurturing developmentally enriching environment. Interpret and explain policies to staff as needed.
- Assume responsibility for any emergencies, including injury and/or illness, parental custody/pick-up issues, and possible fire/severe weather evacuation conditions.
- Answer informational questions from current and prospective clients regarding the center; assist with client registration.
- Provide information to current clients regarding their child’s progress at the Early Childhood Lab School.
- Maintain confidential financial parent information including recording payments, charges and credits, and relay this information to the proper college offices, as needed.
- Maintain children and staff files; collect, distribute and check for accuracy per Department of Children and Family Services’ requirements. Maintain verbal and written contact with all funding agencies to ensure accurate and consistent report filings.
- Recommend purchase of equipment/supplies for classroom operations. Maintain equipment and facility as needed through work repair orders.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to applicable privacy laws
- Demonstrates sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse populations within the workplace.
- Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to effectively provide backup and/or support for co-workers during times when the division is short-staffed or experiencing an increased volume of work.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality
- Available to respond to internal and external customers, either in person or over the phone, during scheduled business hours
- Demonstrates independent judgement and discretion in making position related decisions.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Light (up to 25 lbs occasionally or 10 lbs frequently)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 10/06/2020. Elgin Community College Support Staff Association(SSECCA) members that apply by 10/13/2020 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: October 6, 2020 Central Daylight Time