Part-time Program Coordinator
Reporting to the Office of Student Affairs, this temporary, part-time position will support new first year and transfer students and families, as they transition to Illinois Wesleyan University. They will be responsible for coordinating January, May/June, and summer parent information and Turning Titan Fall Orientation; will coordinate campus programs to support student success. This position is 30 hours a week, during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Plan, organize and implement orientation programs.
- Recruit, select and train Titan Orientation Leaders (volunteers and student employees)
- Develop orientation schedule and collaborate across the University for activities throughout the day
- Manage orientation registration of families
- Manage website information and quality communication with students and families
- Student retention
- Assist Associate Dean in responding to student concerns (academic and personal) through intervention strategies
- Provide virtual success coaching for students studying online
- Conduct leave of absence and withdrawal interviews, as needed
- Assist with programming from the Dean of Students Office
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in Higher Education Administration/Student Affairs preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ work related experience
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Feel free to include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. For full consideration, please submit application by October 15, 2020. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html Illinois Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed Diversity and Inclusive Excellence; details at https://www.iwu.edu/diversity/