Category:: Other - Per Diem
Department:: 6110 (FM-Landscaping)
Locations:: Worcester, MA
Posted:: Oct 6, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Temporary - Non Except
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub
- Basic grounds maintenance including mowing, trimming, mulching, weeding, raking and miscellaneous landscaping tasks
- Snow removal
- Waste removal and litter picking
- Event setups, loading/unloading of trucks
- Other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Such as may have been gained through graduation from high school or GED equivalent; three months experience in grounds or landscaping maintenance; must possess and maintain a valid Massachusetts Driver's License
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Massachusetts 1C & 2B Hosting Licenses are preferred qualifications for this position
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Knowledge of and skill in the safe operation of landscape equipment (mowers, edgers, chippers, trimmers, saws, shovels, hoes, brooms, blowers, etc.); knowledge of applicable OSHA regulations; ability to read, understand and apply oral and written instructions and labels; ability to operate tractor mounted equipment; ability to work effectively as a member of a team or independently; ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods; ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions; ability to work varied shifts and irregular hours during inclement weather; ability to safely operate groundskeeping equipment and tools; ability to bend, stoop and twist; ability to climb ladders and stairs; ability to lift and carry bags, containers and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds; ability to perform preventive maintenance on equipment operated; ability to drive trucks and low speed vehicles/carts; ability to use respiratory protection equipment; ability to work safely; must be able to use web based technology (email, payroll/time reporting) and communicate via 2-way radio and telephone; must maintain a positive, professional relationship with all members of the Clark Community
- SUPERVISION: This position works under the general supervision of the Grounds Superintendent and/or their designee; assignments are received in the form of weekly or seasonal work schedules, daily work orders or oral and written instructions; the Grounds Superintendent and/or their designee schedules, assigns, inspects and approves work and is available to answer questions or troubleshoot problems on a daily basis; after an initial orientation period, work is performed independently or as a member of a team.
This is a Seasonal position with no benefits.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
A successful background check is required upon acceptance.