Part Time - Test Proctor
The test proctor is responsible for maintaining and administering standardized and academic tests. Perform student support functions related to placement testing, academic and specialized testing.
Serve all students as a TRUE Learning Community by promoting student success through student learning, student development, student retention, and student completion.
*This position will be open until filled.
- Schedule testing appointments for students, greet and check students in for tests; assist students logging on to electronic tests; proctor tests and refer students to appropriate area for follow-up, if needed. Protects the integrity of testing materials and the confidentiality and rights of privacy of examinees and staff.
- Maintain test files for faculty/academic tests; assure security of testing materials, including passwords for on-line test.
- Maintain records for testing area.
- Maintains the testing facility in an appropriate manner, and immediately notifies supervisor of any problems with space or equipment.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include the recruitment and retention of students.
High School Diploma/GED and One (1) year of applicable experience to include customer service and/or office support experience.
(Note: Proctor cannot be a student at Central Arizona College)
DEADLINE: Open until filled
Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
- Cover Letter (Letter of Interest)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
The level of background verification for this position is: Basic LevelKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of the requirements of testing companies in the administration of specific tests.
- Knowledge of the requirements and policies of Central Arizona College in the administration of classroom exams and other assessments.
- Knowledge of test procedures, security, and appropriate test proctoring behaviors.
- Knowledge of the concepts of customer service and calibration and problem solving.
- Skill in the use of computer hardware and software
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to prioritize.
Courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in order to communicate with student, co-workers, supervisors and other members of the organization to request or transmit information, ask questions, get clarification, and exercise tact to understand others point of view.
Will be required to work weekends and evenings.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.