Food Services Data Base Accounting Clerk Intern
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-10-06
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
- Provides excellent customer service to customers
- Be able to do multi-task duties by customer services, creating reports, managing and resolving current Microsoft Access and working with New Compeat program.
- Assists managers to work on new issues (Vending) in setting up and implementing the new software ”Compeat and “RMS”
- Coordinates and research changing the old system to new system “ Compeat”
- Helps working on reconciliation.
- Develops monthly and quarterly reports including Credit Card Allocation, Credit Card Reconciliation, Price Comparison, Meal Plan Comparison and Consumer Price Index to director.
- Gathers data from about the costs of meals in order to help department to be revenue enhancement.
- Collects data in specific areas (Vending Machines) to analyze and improve current system.
- Ensures accurate reconciliation of cash and/or credit cards.
- Prepares and accounts for daily deposits.
- Assists in creating reports for different areas of the Food Services operation
- Performs general office tasks such as faxing, copying, answering phones, etc.
- Maintains and secures cash reserves in the office.
- Maintains office files and important documents.
- Maintains office policy and procedure development and the office procedures manual.
- Communicated frequently with the managers to analyze the reports and forecast future statistics
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Preferably in Finance, Accounting, HTM or related background.
- Preference is given for candidates with relevant training and experience for this position
- Knowledge of general accounting and office functions.
- Proficient in computers and various software packages (Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with little supervision
- Ability to multi-task and have great customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively with staff and customers
The employee is expected to work up to 30hours per week and will drop down to 19 hours per week on the 4th week (30-30-30--19). Must be able to work Monday-Friday both day and evening hours as needed. The daily work hours are determined by the Supervisor and may be flexible.* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.