Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist
Position Summary – The Technical Support Specialist provides installation, configuration, maintenance, and support for computers, printers, telephones, mobile devices, and related software.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised - Reports to the Assistant Director, Instructional Technology and Support Services.
Essential Functions –
- Provides installation, configuration, maintenance, and support for computers, printers, telephones, mobile devices, and related software
- Provide installation, configuration, maintenance, and support for campus audio visual and computer presentation equipment.
- Works independently or collaboratively as required to diagnose and repair all types of hardware, operating systems, software, and device data communication issues
- Monitors IT Service Management System requests and resolves issues in a timely manner
- Assists in developing documentation and providing customer training
- Maintains complete and up-to-date equipment service and inventory records
- Maintains up-to-date information technology knowledge and skills
- Actively participates in developing device management standards
- Assists help desk with support of student devices
- On occasion, must work after hours, including evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Performs duties as assigned by Assistant Director, Instructional Technology and Support Services
Required Qualifications -
- Associates in IT Support or related degree, or equivalent certifications with two years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Knowledge of Windows, OSX, iOS, and Android operating systems
- Experience with common desktop software including Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Data Base, Presentation, and Email
- Experience with wired and wireless data communications
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor’s in IT Support or related degree
- Enterprise technical support experience
- Familiarity with ITIL support principles
- JAMF or similar desktop management experience
- Microsoft Group Policy/Active Directory experience
- Proficiency in Powershell, Applescript, VBScript, and Bash scripting
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a résumé, an Alma College Employment Application and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three professional references via email to: Kyle Warner, Director of Information Technology Services, Alma College, [email protected] For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.
Please note that incomplete applications that are received will not be considered.Story published on September 29, 2020 Last modified on Sep. 29th at 8:34am by Amanda Duval.