HR Coordinator II - Benefits
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleHR Coordinator II - BenefitsDepartmentSYS-Human Resources-910600Job LocationDentonFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationSalary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary
UNT System Human Resources supports the missions of the University of North Texas, The UNT Health Science Center, and The University of North Texas at Dallas. Our department is the primary resource for information about benefits, compensation, professional development, college policies, and employment issues and concerns.Position Overview
The Human Resources Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a HR Coordinator II, Benefits to join our team. The Human Resources Coordinator II (Benefits) is responsible for supporting a campus services team administering benefits programs and services to all UNT entities, including insurance plans, retirement, deferred compensation, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Sick Leave Pool, and disability programs. This position reports to the HR Director.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of human resources experience; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
•Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws relating to compensation and pay equity.
•Working knowledge of MS Office suite.
•Skill in using office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve data.
•Effective communications skills both orally and in writing.
•Critical thinking skills.
•Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments.
•Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
•Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with frequently changing priorities.
•Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow-through.
The preferred candidate may possess the following additional qualifications:
- Understanding of all functional areas of Human Resources, including experience working in multiple functional areas.
8am-5pmDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleHR Coordinator IIPhysical RequirementsCarrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Walking, Talk or Hear Job Duties o
- Administer, process and maintain institutional insurance programs including health, dental, disability, life, long term care, and flexible spending programs.
- Administer, process and maintain institutional retirement programs including deferred compensation plans.
- Provide advice and assist new employees with participation in the Group Benefits Plan including: enrolling new employees in insurance coverage; determining eligibility for changes due to Qualifying Life Events; Annual Enrollment.
- Assist with processes within EIS for Benefits to ensure that employee enrollments and terminations are processed correctly
- Perform the Benefits Orientation during the New Hire Orientation for each campus, as well as, assist with developing and facilitating additional monthly benefit presentations.
- Assist with Affordable Care Act as it relates to benefits and reporting.
- Assist with administration of FMLA and Sick Leave Pool
- Assist with questions related to all leave policies to include sick leave, vacation leave, foster care leave, etc.
- Assist with and partner with the campus community in the development of and implementation of new benefit programs. * Identify new, innovative ways to promote benefit plans and perk programs.
- Assist campus team with event preparation, coordination and execution, where applicable.
- Develop deliver training content.
- Serve as back-up support for System and other campus Human Resources teams.
- May lead daily activities of assigned benefits staff.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter