Custodial Supervisor (Custodian 5)
Posting DetailsJob TitleCustodial Supervisor (Custodian 5)Job Description
This position is responsible for the supervision of the custodians on a multi-building campus. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, executing, controlling and evaluating activities and functions of the custodial staff.
The department is responsible to provide clean and well-maintained classrooms, laboratories, and buildings in support of the Mission Statement of the Facilities, Operations and Maintenance Department.
This position reports to the Director of Buildings and Grounds and is responsible to perform custodial duties to maintain the cleanliness of the facilities.Essential Duties Summary
• Assure adequate staffing levels by assigning work schedules to custodial team to assure the cleanliness and safe conditions of buildings;
• Oversee scheduling communications from custodial staff unable to work and obtain coverage or adjust workloads as necessary, and approve or deny timecards and follow up on any discrepancies;
• Confer with department managers and staff regarding communication of custodial schedules, priority of service requests, and other customer services;
• Provide on-the-job training and consistent follow-up for new and current employees for every phase of their job, including safety, proper equipment/chemical usage, and custodial standards;
• Serve as a custodial inspector by frequently evaluating the cleanliness of all assigned areas to ensure work is being carried out correctly and provide feedback to staff on areas needing additional cleaning, care, or training;
• Provide employees with clear guidance on work priorities and expectations for meeting service delivery standards through hands-on training and feedback mechanisms;
• Build a cohesive custodial team that exhibits professionalism and adheres to standards by conducting regular check-ins, team building exercises, and departmental events;
• Conduct annual performance evaluations of current and probationary employees
• Work alongside custodial staff to maintain cleanliness of classrooms, hallways, restrooms, offices, common spaces, and other areas; Ensure all college facilities are kept in a clean, sanitary and attractive condition by: Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, stripping floors, and refinishing floors; Dusting and polishing surfaces, washing windows and walls; Disposing of garbage, emptying trash receptacles, and replacing garbage bags; Restocking toilet paper, paper towels, and soap supplies in restrooms;
• May perform cleaning and related activities in areas within a reasonable distance from buildings using hand operated tools or small power equipment (activities such as removing snow and debris, sweeping sidewalks or stairs, and sometimes power washing stairs and entries);
• Set up for college or community events on campus;
• Track inventory and delivery of custodial supplies;
• Perform related duties as required.
Physical ability to do required work.
Positions typically require two to four years’ experience supervising or directing others in large-scale housekeeping, janitorial, general or building maintenance or custodial work.
Knowledge of standard facilities equipment, processes, policies and procedures including modern cleaning tools and supplies, occupational safety and compliance, and security; Strong technological skills and ability to use complex computer systems to enter data, and skill in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) or similar programs.Preferred QualificationsPhysical Demands
Must be able to stand and/or walk for over 70% of the work day; lift up to 50 lbs. constantly; bend; stoop and twist at the waist frequently; reach from knees to shoulder-level frequently and above shoulder-level occasionally; perform repetitive arm/hand motion constantly; constant handling and/or grasping; climbing stairs and ladders occasionally; and tolerate frequent carrying, constant pushing and/or pulling, frequent vibration from equipment, and occasional above or below temperatures; constant exposure to dust, chemicals, and equipment noise can be expected; hearing should be within normal limits to be able to communicate with students and staff; and must have clear vision, with or without correction to constantly notice details.Special Conditions for Eligibility
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Classified employees are represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Centralia College has a strong institutional commitment to the principles of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we strongly urge all qualified applicants, especially people of color, persons of disability, women, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans, to apply. Centralia College is an Equal Opportunity employer.
It is the policy of Centralia College to assure equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age (over 40), religion, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
Centralia College does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. Designated Title II, VI, VII, IX, Section 504, ADA compliance officer: Vice President for Human Resources and Legal Affairs, Hanson Hall Room 101, Centralia College, 600 Centralia College Blvd, Centralia WA 98531-4099, (360)623-8943.
The Human Resources Office is accessible for persons with disabilities. Those who need disability accommodation in the application/employment process, please call (360)623-8943.FLSASalary GradeSalary$3,144 - $4,083 per month Range 40Posting NumberAS284POpen Date10/06/2020Close Date10/20/2020Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Position closes October 20, 2020.
Further information available from Casey Rice, Director of Buildings and Grounds, [email protected], (360)623-8720.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity (i.e. Indeed.com, The Olympian)?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Other Misc. Documents
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3