Associate Professor Curriculum & Instruction
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-07
Job TitleAssociate Professor Curriculum & InstructionAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentCurriculum And InstructionProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction is seeking an Associate Professor of Curriculum & Instruction. This is a 9-month tenure-track position. Qualified candidates must have a conferred doctorate in Reading, Early Childhood Education, Bilingual Education or Curriculum & Instruction with an emphasis in bilingual education, reading/literacy or early childhood education (18 doctoral hours). The position will begin Spring 2021 semester and will include teaching, advising and additional duties at the Collin Higher Education Center in McKinney, main campus, the Mesquite Metroplex campus, online and/or other locations. Candidates must demonstrate the (potential for) teaching in higher education, research and publications, grant procurement, and a desire for continuous learning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- advising and teaching undergraduate and graduate students;
- designing, implementing, and publishing research;
- team teaching field-based courses,
- teaching reading, early childhood , bilingual or courses;
- serving as a field supervisor to observe and mentor teacher candidates in field-based settings;
- working collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs and Student Learning Outcome Assessments;
- working with public school partners and community colleges on collaborative projects and mutual goals;
- providing professional development and mentor teacher training;
- providing service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- continuous learning to stay current with research, best practices in teaching, technology applications in the classroom, and online teaching.
- Education: Earned doctorate in Reading, Early Childhood, Bilingual or Curriculum & Instruction with an emphasis in reading, literacy, early childhood, bilingual or related field with 18 doctoral level in one of the aforementioned, not combination thereof.
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills: A minimum of 3 years public school classroom teaching experience.
- Licensing/Professional Certification: Current Texas teacher certification.
- Preferred Licensing/Professional Certification: Texas teacher certification with Early Childhood/Bilingual/Reading or English specialization or endorsement.
- Scholarly publication record or potential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals.
Preferred Experience: University level teaching; field-based teacher education programs; prior experience teaching bilingual, early childhood, or reading courses in higher education; familiarity with edTPA, prior university leadership experience, and online teaching.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.