Part-Time PMP Exam Prep Instructor - Workforce & Economic Development
Category:: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions
Department:: Workforce & Economic Development
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Oct 6, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: PT No Benefits
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College's Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
- Teach course according to schedule and under the terms outlined in contract;
- Using the PMP curriculum created by Certwise, prepare lessons by identifying, developing, and implementing materials that prepares professionals for the PMP exam.
- Translate course objectives, student learning outcomes, and course materials into learning activities that promotes learning;
- Commit to studying the Certwise physical and online materials regularly to maintain relevance and efficacy, and work with Certwise to get updates on exam dates and updates;
- Perform administrative tasks such as taking attendance, communicating with students as needed, and encouraging student progress in their studies using both the physical books and online resources.
- Help students identify and set personal goals, and work with students to ensure that they are making sufficient progress toward readiness to take the PMP exam;
- Guide students in navigating online learning resources as established by Certwise;
- Be available for meetings with students over the phone or email;
- Have students complete course evaluations, and use feedback from evaluations to improve instructive practice;
- Implement research findings and educational best practices in the classroom;
Skills, Competencies, and Experience:
- PMP certified;
- Project management competence, with understanding of various PM methodologies;
- Ability to work with people across units and functions;
- Experience in using technology in the workplace or classroom;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Solid communication skills;
- Ability to use various video conferencing media like WebEx and Zoom
- Able to embrace new technological tools to support student learning
- In-depth knowledge and experience in managing programs and projects
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree
- PMP certified
Salary: $35.00 per hour, 3 hours per week for 12 weeks; for a total of 36 hours. (non-benefited)
Review of applications to begin immediately. Review Date: Open until filled.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE