Adjunct Professor Global Studies
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position TitleAdjunct Professor Global StudiesDoes this position require driving?NoContactContact Phone ExtContact EmailJob Summary/Basic Function
Teaching undergraduate courses in Global Studies in an online environment. Online professors must have regular access to and familiarity with the internet and email.
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assists students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must possess one of the following degrees from an accredited school: PhD, ThM, MDiv, and/or MA in the area of Global Studies or Intercultural Studies.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard, and the Internet.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is essential.
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process.
Ph. D. in the area of Global Studies or Intercultural Studies.Work Hours
FlexiblePosting Date10/06/2020Special Instructions for Applicants
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required should the department select you for an interview.
In the references section of the application, please submit the names of two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or someone within a leadership position within your current church. The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family member.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact the Faculty Hiring Office at [email protected]Quicklinkhttp://jobs.liberty.edu/postings/29934Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have 18 graduate hours completed in the field to which you are applying to teach?
- After reviewing Liberty University's Worldview Statement, do you agree?
- If applying for a position teaching Undergraduate courses, do you have an accredited master's degree in the field that you are applying to teach?