Temp Research Assistant
Posting DetailsPosting NumberPG191078TMPosition Number11ASO1589Position TypeTemporaryEssential Job Duties
Screen potential herbicide resistant weed biotypes, summarize data, and write research reports.Is Time LimitedNoIf Yes, Appointment LengthJob City & StateRaleigh, NCDepartmentCrop and Soil SciencesClassification TitleTemporary-Technical/ParaprofessionalWorking TitleTemp Research AssistantPosition InformationWork Schedule20 hours per week planting, spraying and evaluating weeds. Schedule will depend on plant growth, application timing, and need for evaluations, arranged by employee.Other Work/Responsibilities
-PhDDepartment Required Skills
-Excellent writing skillsPreferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
-Ability to apply pesticides
-Able to rate herbicide efficacy, data collection, data analysis
-Pesticide LicenseValid NC Driver's License required?NoCommercial Driver's License Required?NoRecruitmentAnticipated Hiring Range$13/hrJob Open Date10/06/2020Quick Linkhttp://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/136589AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Radio / Television Advertisement
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you or will you have your PhD by start date?
- Do you have experience working with pesticides?
- Do you have experience rating herbicide efficacy, data collection, data analysis?
- Do you possess excellent writing skills?