Temp Stormwater Engineering Group Computer Programmer
Posting DetailsPosting NumberPG191077TMPosition Number11ASO1588Position TypeTemporaryEssential Job Duties
Update the existing Rainwater Harvester Model from a Java to a Python platform and include new data and calculationsIs Time LimitedNoIf Yes, Appointment LengthJob City & StateRaleigh, NCDepartmentBiological and Agricultural EngineeringClassification TitleTemporary-Technical/ParaprofessionalWorking TitleTemp Stormwater Engineering Group Computer ProgrammerPosition InformationWork ScheduleMonday through Friday; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PMOther Work/Responsibilities
-Bachelor of Science in Computer ScienceDepartment Required Skills
-Experience with coding rainwater
harvesting models and updating Java based tools to Python platforms
-Previously worked with NC State University Stormwater Engineering
-Graduated within the last 12 months with a Bachelor of Science in Computer ScienceRequired License or Certification
n/aValid NC Driver's License required?NoCommercial Driver's License Required?NoRecruitmentAnticipated Hiring Range$25/hrJob Open Date10/06/2020Quick Linkhttp://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/136588AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Radio / Television Advertisement
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science?
- * Do you have experience with coding rainwater harvesting models and updating Java based tools to Python platforms?
- * Have you previously worked with NC State University Stormwater Engineering Group?