DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine – Department of Orthopedics
Finance/Accounting Professional – Financial Coordinator
Position #760176 – Requisition #19324
The Financial Coordinator is responsible for understanding the complexities, systems, and funds flow for clinical activities between the University of Colorado. (CU MEDICINE), Children’s Hospital Colorado, and UC Health, in support of the Director of Finance and Administration and the Department of Orthopedics, performing a variety of business and financial related tasks and analysis.Professional Field
Finance/Accounting ProfessionalSupervision Received
Reports to Financial Senior Coordinator, Jerome DeFeliceSupervision Exercised
None currentlyExamples of Work Performed
- Provide financial management support to the Director of Finance and Administration and the Orthopaedics team.
- Tracks funds flow, monitors and ensures all the hospital support (University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Colorado Hospital) is allocated to each provider according to their agreement.
- Prepare budgets, track and monitor expenditures, prepare and analyze monthly reports, including annual departmental events and clinical revenue variance reports.
- Manage clinical contract billing and reconciliation thru CU Medicine.
- Monitors/reviews all the revenue and expenses from P&L’s that are generated from CU Medicine. Provides analysis to department leadership.
- Coordinate and manage Professional Service Agreements with our hospital partners.
- Help manage team members to ensure appropriate timing of projects.
- Serve as the initial approver of department purchases, travel, and CU Medicine payment vouchers.
- Design, enter data, and maintain departmental databases as requested/needed.
- Support, organize, and/or initiate all general support activities of the Department to ensure its cost effectiveness, efficiency, and its operational flow.
- Prepare various financial and operational reports (monthly and ad hoc).
- Assist with special projects and assignments as assigned by the Director.
- Serve as back-up to other office administrative support personnel.
The salary range for this position has been established at $44,325 - $48,757 and is commensurate with skills and experience.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field
- 1 year of progressive experience in related role/duties
- Moderate to advanced skill with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- 2 yrs. Experience in a clinical department
- 2 yrs. Experience with funding complexities associated with multiple institutions
- Attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and follow through
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written format
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Ability to manage funds effectively, from a variety of sources.
- Ability to establish work priorities and provide follow through, to insure completion of activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in brief, focused and well organized in oral and written formats.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 6, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing