Graduate Enrollment Support Specialist
Graduate Enrollment Support Specialist
Job no: 497829
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Education Support Professionals, Marketing/Communications, Probationary, Full Time
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies, the Graduate Enrollment Support Specialist is responsible for outreach and communications for the College of Graduate Studies in support of graduate student recruitment and enrollment. The incumbent develops and executes communications and recruitment plans and content leveraging multi-communication channels (traditional and online) including promotional materials such as but not limited to brochures, fact sheets, and newsletters – with the goal of recruiting outstanding graduate students and advancing the impact and outreach of the graduate enterprise at SJSU. The incumbent manages all digital/online presence for the College of Graduate Studies such as but not limited to websites and social media channels. The incumbent creates, analyzes, and recommends marketing and communication strategies based on data and metrics.
The Graduate Enrollment Support Specialist also helps promote, organize, and execute graduate student-focused events, including, but not limited to town hall-like forums, graduate student orientation, the Grad Slam 3-MT competition, and graduate fairs.
- Develop and execute comprehensive and integrated communications plans leveraging multi-communication channels.
- Create, analyze and recommend marketing and communication strategies based on data and metrics.
- Manage all digital/online presence for the College of Graduate Studies such as but not limited to websites and social media channels (standard and emerging platforms).
- Promote, organize, and execute graduate student-focused events and projects that promote graduate study and graduate student success at SJSU.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of all aspects of communications, including technical aspects and requirements of various venues.
- Comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of communication, public affairs, media and/or marketing theories and concepts in order to develop and execute communication strategies and plans to promote and position the university.
- Ability to understand issues from a broad, strategic perspective.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable copyright and other laws pertaining to publications and the news media.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing and research techniques and methods. Ability to use market research to enhance the impact of communication strategies and campaigns.
- Working knowledge of appropriate use of statistical techniques.
- Working knowledge of Marketo or similar marketing automation systems for internal and external communications as well as Omni Update Campus as content management system platform.
- Working knowledge of various social media channels (standard and emerging platforms).
- Working knowledge of creating, analyzing and recommending marketing and communication strategies based on data and metrics.
- Knowledge of basic web communication techniques, vehicles and formats; information presentation goals and format.
- Knowledge of and proficient in applicable software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Power Point, charts and graph creation, Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills to quickly produce clear and concise business content effectively in a variety of media (web, press release, newsletter, brochure, presentations, etc.) and in ways appropriate to targeted audiences.
- Demonstrated solid written, verbal, interpersonal communications using active listening and political acumen skills.
- Expert networking and interpersonal skills including strong consultative and persuasive skills to work with internal and external constituents and the media.
- Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively with a variety of audiences, including faculty, students, vendors, executives, and staff members.
- Ability to create, develop, and implement comprehensive long and short-term strategic communications plans.
- Ability to coordinate complex work projects and expedite the flow of these projects.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, which includes relevant coursework in the field
- Five years of related professional or technical experience
- Three years of related professional or technical experience writing and/or editing compelling content for a variety of online and print publications
- User-experience of Marketo or similar marketing automation systems for internal and external communications.
- User-experience of Omni Update Campus or similar content management system for website development/editing/design.
- Experience as a native/primary user of various social media channels with ability to create and post social posts including images.
- Previous experience in Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Demonstrated strong art direction, project planning and project management
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of multi-page publications with a variety of audiences in higher education
Classification: Public Affairs Communication Specialist – III
Hiring Range: $4,104/month - $7,425/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: October 6, 2020 through October 20, 2020. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: October 06, 2020 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time