Associate Director, Center for Professional Development and Career Strategies
DescriptionAssociate Director Center for Law Professional Development and Career Strategies
Center for Professional Development and Career Strategies.
Responsibilities of this position include career advisement, program development and delivery, and management of related administrative tasks.
Essential duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates marketing to students for more than 20 national and regional job fairs throughout each year. Assists with on-site duties related to hosting annual Public Sector Career Fair at the College of Law. Assists with the execution of the annual Judicial Clerkship Job Fair in Athens each year, including attending the job fair to assist GSU students on-site. Assists with GSU College of Law service on the board of the Southeastern Minority Job Fair. Participates with the development of departmental program including 1L class curriculum, career resources, job search workshops, specialty presentations and communications including production of student newsletter. Assists with the identification and development of employment opportunities and expansion of employer outreach around the country.
- Provides individualized career counseling for law students and alumni including one-on-one counseling sessions, exploration of practice area interests, resume and cover letter creation and review, development of interview skills and networking strategies, and facilitation of career progression. Meets as requested with prospective and admitted students.
- Assists with data collection, verification and submission of required annual employment outcome reports for graduates. Develops surveys and collects data from current students regarding employment during law school academic year(s) and summers. Assists with tracking job postings and on-campus interviews from year to year. Maintains updated advising notes in Symplicity job posting system.
- Identifies and develops new and continuing employment opportunities with small and mid-size firms via phone calls and in-person visits. Expands employer outreach both in- and out-of-state. Attends Consortium, ALRA, NALP and Symplicity events. Attends alumni events and Bar events. Builds and maintains strong relationships within the College of Law including faculty, staff and student organizations, contributes to cross-departmental collaboration.
- Assists with creation and execution of departmental programming including 1L class curriculum, career resources, career workshops, specialty presentations and communications including production of weekly student newsletter.
Part of a comprehensive research university, the College of Law is a dynamic urban-centered law school located in the heart of Atlanta with approximately 650 full- and part-time law students. We encourage applications from candidates who would diversify our staff.
Georgia State University, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and four years of supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit10/31/20, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: College of Law
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 10/05/20, 1:49:11 PM