Position InformationPosition Number008129Vacancy Open toAll CandidatesWorking TitleData ScientistPosition DesignationEHRA Non-FacultyEmployment TypePermanent - Full-timeMonths per Year12Work Schedule
8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – FridayHours per week40FLSA StatusExemptDivisionAcademic AffairsDepartmentOffice of OneIT (Adm)Work LocationKennedySalary RangePrimary Purpose of Department
We provide highly reliable information technology infrastructure, tools and services to empower the University to achieve its academic, research, administrative and service goals.Primary Purpose of Position
Transform, analyze, package and present data to university administrative leadership to inform policy and decision makingSummary of Position Responsibilities
- Identifies the data-analytics problems that offer the greatest opportunities to the University
- Determines and sources the most appropriate data sets and variables to produce meaningful results.
- Collects large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources
Performs enterprise data cleansing and makes recommendation for data cleansing to be applied to source systems to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity
- Devises and applying models and algorithms
- Analyzes the data to identify patterns and trends
- Interprets the data to discover solutions and opportunities
- Communicates findings to stakeholders using visualization and other means
Bachelor’s degree or at least five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experiencePreferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Master’s Degree Quantitative degree (Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science).
Demonstrated experience querying and processing large data sets.
Demonstrated experience analyzing and reporting on large data sets.
Demonstrated ability to tell stories with data using data visualization software or other reporting/BI tools (such as Tableau, PowerBI, ArcGIS, etc.).
Demonstrated experience in programming/scripting languages and statistical software (such as R, Python, or other programming language).
Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to communicate advanced analytical concepts and complex quantitative analysis in a concise, clear and actionable manner.
Demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and ensure timely, accurate deliverables.
Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.Necessary Certifications/LicensesPreferred Certifications/LicensesSpecial Notes to Applicants
The finalist will be subject to a criminal background check.Posting Open Date10/06/2020Posting Close DateOpen Until FilledYesProposed Hire DateIf time-limited please indicate appointment end dateContact InformationPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- UNC Charlotte Website
- HERC Job Board
- Inside Higher Education
- Circa (formerly known as Local JobNetwork)
- Another Website
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Where did you learn about this posting?
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest