Instructional Designer (Part-time) Grant Funded
Job TitleInstructional Designer (Part-time) Grant FundedClassification TitleDepartmentCenter for Teaching and LrngWork LocationMain CampusDuties
The Instructional Designer is responsible for accomplishing activity objectives using identified implementation strategies, for coordination with the academic areas included in the project, and for evaluation and reporting. The Instructional Designer will provide leadership for the utilization of technology in curriculum and student service delivery. The Instructional Designer is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
Master’s degree in instructional design and development or related field required.
Minimum 3 years of experience in instructional design and delivery methods, particularly as related to the integration of technology into curriculum and course delivery and at least one year of administrative/management experience preferred. Demonstrable experience in instructional design and related methodologies, computer-assisted instruction, multimedia technology and telecommunications required. Comprehensive knowledge of Web development tools required. Knowledge of student learning styles and the impact on student success, and familiarity with minority student retention issues and success strategies.
Position StatusPart TimeHours
20 hours per week.
Nights and weekends as needed.
Minimum Starting Rate$28.00Hourly/SalaryHourlyReview of Applications Begins10/19/2020Posting NumberAP00283POpen Date10/05/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Please apply online.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chicago Tribune
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- MVCC Website/Posting
- Employee of MVCC
- No Response
- * Are you a State Universities Retirement System (SURS) annuitant and currently receiving a monthly annuity?
- * Do you have a minimum of a Master’s degree in instructional design and development or related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of one year of experience using Canvas as an instructional designer or faculty?
- * Do you have a minimum of 3 years of experience in instructional design and online delivery methods in higher education?
Documents Needed To ApplyRequired Documents
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts