Student Assistant - Student Affairs
Position Title:Student Assistant - Student Affairs Job Category:Student Department:Office of Student Affairs - 6010690 Division:Student Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:The Office of Student Affairs is seeking a bright energetic student to provide administrative and project related support to the staff within Student Affairs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist with daily Student Affairs administrative tasks.
- Welcome, greet, and provide assistance to GGC students, faculty, and staff.
- Attend workshops and training as required.
- Collaborates with Student Affairs staff on projects, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Deliver paperwork to and from other campus offices, as needed.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Willingness to learn new skills to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a College-issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt