Assistant Scientist - Neuro-oncology (65195)
Oct 6, 2020
Oct 20, 2020
The University of Florida Department of Neurosurgery in the College of Medicine seeks applicants for an Assistant Scientist position on the non-tenure track to conduct research within the Neuro-oncology laboratory. Responsibilities to include:
• Read and analyze the relevant literature; contribute new ideas, actively engage in scientific discussion, provide expertise to inform discussion of new concepts.
• Perform original research, data analysis, paper writing and grant writing in independent and collaborative fashion.
• Develop and publish abstracts/publications for the dissemination of data. Present data at scientific meetings. Preparation of figures and other elements important for grant submissions. Searching for and submitting grant proposals to fund the lab work.
Laboratory Supervision and Teaching
• Participate in one-on-one teaching and mentoring activities.
• Mentor and teach undergraduate students in scientific programs.
• Supervise visiting scholar and technologists as relevant for research activities.
• Contribute to managing a positive lab environment including the spirit of collaboration and helping others.
Required: Ph.D, M.D. or equivalent
Preferred: Experience in artificial intelligence (AI) and gene therapy and regenerative medicine.
For consideration, applicants should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) and three letters of recommendation.
The final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.