Immigration Specialist III
Job no: 514568
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Human Resources
Department:62010301 - HR-TALENT ACQSTN & ONBOARDING
Immigration Specialist IIIJob Description:
The Immigration Specialist III will be responsible for overseeing the operation and the administration of the UF immigration program in handling employment-based sponsorship for faculty and staff who are hired in immigrant and non-immigrant statuses and permanent residency process. This position is expected to provide leadership and guidance to the Immigration Compliance Services (ICS) team and to deliver excellent customer service when engaging with the UF community.
In addition, this position is responsible for the following:
- Oversee the operation and administration of immigration services that pertain to international faculty, eligible USPS, Teams and/or OPS professional staff in support of sponsorship for employment.
- Approves, evaluates and signs petitions after determining that the information provided meets University and USCIS requirements before submission to USCIS.
- Conducts required follow-up with departments on packet revisions.
- Collaborates and manages processes with Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy along with numerous university administrative and academic units and state and federal agencies to ensure successful outcomes with affiliated procedures.
- Assist the Associate Director and Director for Talent Acquisition and Onboarding in designing and implementing resources to improve education and communication with departments and international faculty and staff on issues related to immigration, as well as to assist with achieving an overall successful experience.
- Provides reporting of immigrant and non-immigrant data.
- Works in conjunction with Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy in managing, reviewing and authorizing Permanent Resident status cases.
- Maintains ICS website to include developing content and updates as needed.
- Manages and compiles information relayed to the University community and prospective foreign national faculty, and professionals regarding federal regulations, policies and procedures and/or University policies related to immigration-related matters.
- Conducts periodic research and analysis of those regulations, policies and procedures in order to effectively provide the required informational services to ICS clients.
- Oversees and advises Human Resources staff on I-9 compliance for foreign nationals.
- Serve as immigration liaison with the International Center and General Counsel’s Office.
$50,000 a year; commensurate with qualifications and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience with immigration sponsorship.Special Instructions to Applicants:
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
This posting is open until filled.
This is a temporary TEAMS position, anticipated to last one year.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 06 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time