Electrician - Entry
Job no: 514776
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades
Department:63550200 - FS-OPER EG B-MNT-ELECTRIC
Electrician - EntryJob Description:*This position requires participation and successful progression in the CPP until Level 2 certification has been obtained.* Applies to anyone hired after 5/1/17
Working with a higher level Electrician, support repairs of electrical components, electrical motors, generators, and related electrical and mechanical equipment containing up to 600V.
Provide support in maintaining lighting fixtures. Alter and repair existing wiring, power appliances, light machinery, and electrical circuits. Install wiring, fixtures, and appliances in new construction
Accomplish on-the-job training (OJT)
Learn campus buildings, tools, equipment, and materials used in the trade.
Completes NCCER Core and Electrician Level 1.
Provide support in locating and correcting power failures and short circuits.
Support installations of and preventive maintenance on electrical system conduits. Assist in pulling cable for primary systems.
Enter maintenance data for work requests (WR) and time.
Provide support service to other trades, as may be required for timely and efficient repair of buildings and/or equipment.
Clean and maintain shop and personal equipment.
Operate UF/state vehicle(s). Requires incumbent to maintain a valid FL Class E Driver’s License.
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE:
- Schedule may vary depending on location
- Total hours per week:40
- Assist in emergency work (as needed; Standby as needed)
Position considered as Essential Personnel as defined by UF Policy
A criminal background check and post offer health assessment will be conducted.
A COVID-10 Screening Questionnaire will be provided.Expected Salary:
$16.00 HourlyMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma (or equivalent)Preferred Qualifications:
- Some knowledge of procedures and methods for installing, altering, repairing, and maintaining electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures
- Some knowledge of hand tools use
- Some knowledge of planning, organizing, and coordinating work assignments
- Some knowledge of effective communications
- Ability to recognize safe working practices in maintenance and construction
- Ability to follow established safety practices and procedures
- Ability to wear appropriate safety equipment
- Ability to work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, and similar places
- Ability to work from elevated surfaces (e.g., as catwalks and manlifts)
- Ability to drive or walk to customer/trouble locations
- Ability to move or lift weights (e.g., ladders, tools, and equipment) weighing up to 50 pounds individually, or 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to climb
- Ability to reaching above shoulder frequently
- Ability to kneel
- Ability to bend repeatedly
- Ability to pull and push repetitively
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 06 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time