Director of Campus Communications
The Princeton University Office of Communications is seeking a dynamic, creative, and engaging communications leader to bolster coordination and strategic planning in support of internal communications across the campus community, to include staff, faculty, and students.
The ongoing campus crisis response to the COVID-19 global pandemic has underscored the need to build a specific function within the Office of Communications dedicated to campus-wide communications strategy and coordination. This senior position will focus on working with a wide range of campus partners to build our capacity, processes, and platforms and channels for internal messaging and audience engagement.Responsibilities
- Liaise with administrators and departmental communicators across campus -- and serve as a senior member of the Executive Vice President’s team -- to help craft and manage communications plans in support of the ongoing COVID-19 response as well as long-term projects with significant campus impact, including the Capital Plan and Academic Calendar Reform.
- Establish tools to facilitate information sharing and engagement across campus, for example, an editorial calendar, new digital platforms.
- Create intra-campus project teams by sourcing talent and collateral from across the Communications team as well as campus partners.
- Build and manage a campus communications team within the Office of Communications, starting with determining the appropriate use of two vacant Communications Strategist positions within this group.
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 5 years of relevant organizational communications experience
- Minimum of seven years' experience in working on complex issues with a range of institutional partners.
- Ability to synthesize inputs and data points to create cohesive plans over established timelines with defined goals and outputs.
- Understanding of audience engagement, digital analytics, and the use of owned and earned media.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary GradeADM, 080Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredNo