Professor of Law
Posting DetailsTitleProfessor of LawCampusSacramento DepartmentLaw InstructionPosting NumberF00341Full or Part TimeFull TimeOpen DateClose DateOpen Until FilledNoDays Per WeekWeeks Per YearPosition Description
The University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law invites applications from entry-level and lateral candidates for a tenure-track or tenured faculty position to commence at the start of the 2021-22 academic year. We seek applications from exceptional candidates with a passion for teaching and scholarship, and who are excited about being part of a collegial, student-oriented, committed faculty. We currently have multiple curricular needs, particularly Torts, Evidence, Criminal Procedure, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. Pacific McGeorge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status. The McGeorge faculty unanimously committed itself to undertake the work to transform itself into an anti-racist law school. Thus, applicants who share that vision and particularly those who would enhance the racial and ethnic diversity of the faculty are strongly urged to apply.Basic Qualifications
Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree; exceptional academic record; excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated interest in teaching and research.Additional Qualifications
commitment to the vision, mission and core values of the law school; excellent interpersonal skills; technological competence.Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some lifting of materials (20 lbs. or less)
• Bending, stretching, reaching required
• Sitting for long periods of time
Please upload a list of at least three references with contact information in “Other Documents.”Contact Information
Interested candidates should contact, Professor Larry Levine, Chair, Faculty Appointments Committee, at [email protected], by November 1, 2020.Contact [email protected] Applicants Required to Submit References for This Posting?NoMinimum Number of ReferencesMaximum Number of ReferencesBackground Check Statement
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- * Pacific participates in federal healthcare programs. As such, a required part of the hiring process is to verify that potential employees have not been excluded from participating in federal programs for mandatory exclusions (including for fraud, controlled substances crimes, patient abuse or neglect, or other program-related crimes) or for other permissive exclusions by the Office of Inspector General. A "Yes" response would be considered disqualifying. Please answer the following question accordingly: Are you currently excluded from participation in federal programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal healthcare program)?
- * Pacific participates in federal healthcare programs. As such, a required part of the hiring process is to verify that potential employees have not been excluded from participating in federal programs for mandatory exclusions (including for fraud, controlled substances crimes, patient abuse or neglect, or other program-related crimes) or for other permissive exclusions by the Office of Inspector General. A "Yes" response would be considered disqualifying. Please answer the following question accordingly: Have you received notice that you are under review for possible exclusion from any federal programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal healthcare program)?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Program Plan
- Faculty Letter of Reference 1
- Faculty Letter of Reference 2
- Faculty Letter of Reference 3