S.A.I.L. Center Manager
S.A.I.L. Center Manager
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Campus Title: S.A.I.L. Center Manager
State Job Title: N/A Contract
Department: Division of Student Affairs
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Part time position with possibility of renewal, pending successful evaluation with a maximum term of two years
Timeframe: 43 weeks
Regular Days Off: TBD/Varies
Supervision Received: Reports to Assistant Director, Campus Center
Salary: $16.00 Per Hour
General Statement of Duties:
This is a 43-week, part time position. The contract for this position can be renewed pending successful evaluation with a maximum term of two years. Compensation includes $16.00/hour pay rate for 15 hours per week from Mid-August to Mid-May and $16/hour pay rate for 35 hours per week Mid-May - June 30th. Responsibilities to Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership are supervised by the Assistant Director, Campus Center. This position may require late night or weekend hours. This position is classified as an 0-3 Institutional, part-time employee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Support the educational mission and goals of the Office of Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership, the Division of Student Affairs, and the University.
- Assist in the coordination of Student Activities Programming, through managing the program budget, promoting events through flyers and social media, working events in the evening hours, and assessing programs. Supervise students working as event assistants for night programs.
- Assist in the Coordination of the New Student Orientation Program by serving as an Assistant Coordinator for the Program. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination of New Orientation Leader Staff Selection and Hiring processes, including recruitment, group process, interviews, and selection day.
- Assist in the coordination of Orientation Leader Training, including training week, April Kick-Off training, team development, and the Orientation Staff Manual.
- Assist with our Office Operations during New student Orientation. This includes, answering email and phone messages, supervising office assistants, and coordinating online registrations.
- Assist in the coordination of Leadership Programs, through tracking participation, assessing programs, facilitating workshops, and logistical preparation.
- Assist in the coordination of First Year Success Programs and provide resources for the SAIL Center Resource Window.
- Provide oversight of the Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership Resource Center processes and procedures. Coordinate with other offices to provide services at the SAIL Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned the Assistant Director or Designee.
- A Bachelor's degree and relevant experience is required.
- Candidates should display strong interpersonal skills, the ability to interact with a diverse population and have past leadership experience in a college/university setting
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
An on-line application is required. The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected.
NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=123970&CNTRNO=8&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency