POSITION: Project Coordinator
POSITION CODE: 4740
DEPARTMENT: School of Education
MONTHS/ HOURS: 10/40
STARTING HOURLY PAY: $22
CONTRACT PERIOD: July 1 ,2020- June 30, 2021
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six Months
POSTING DATE: 10/5/2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10/26/2020
Assists the Rochford Educational Leadership Initiative director in providing leadership and management of the Rochford College Access Program (RCAP) and Rochford Leadership Development Program (RLDP) in the School of Education. In collaboration with the Rochford program director, work to develop, implement, and manage the RCAP high school student program that helps to build students capacity to be college attending upon graduation from high school. Will also collaborate with the Rochford program director to manage the RCAP mentoring program for middle and high school scholars. Will work with the RLDP director in the development and facilitation of the RLDP programming. The Rochford Educational Leadership Initiative is an externally funded project; funding for the project is guaranteed for the next three years.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the Rochford Educational Leadership Initiative director, develop the RCAP high school program for continuing RCAP students who are in need of support to be ready to be successful in college. This includes developing the program, hiring student staff, developing relationships with local schools to support the program and working in collaboration with University of Redlands campus partners in program implementation.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and implementation of RCAP. This can include a modified work schedule that includes evenings and Saturdays in accordance with RCAP and RLDP events and program schedules.
- Complete letters and other communications with constituencies as needed. Maintain email communication lists.
- Work with the Rochford Educational Leadership Initiative director in coordination of RCAP assessment data collection, archiving, analysis and reporting.
- Assist the Rochford Educational Leadership Initiative director with activities and projects, including planning and implementation of meetings, particularly community outreach associated with RCAP.
- Provide support for the Rochford Leadership Development Program, including but not limited to preparing for the week-long leadership development experience, attending and providing support for the leadership development experience in July, scheduling and attending quarterly leadership dinners, and providing general program planning and implementation support.
- Use Microsoft Office and other applications to support and troubleshoot for special Rochford Leadership Initiative projects as assigned; for example, constructing “snapshot” descriptions of the Initiative and its new programs, staffing outreach to current students and alumni; supporting new processes that link the Initiative to schools in Southern California.
- Maintain relationship with the Rochford Leadership Initiative donor and project partners.
- Maintain department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned or directed.
Application requires a Cover letter & Resume or CV
Position requires a Master Degree, in a field related to education. A Masters degree in School Counseling is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required. Plus three (3) to five (5) years in a position with related experience or an equivalent combination thereof. Examples of related experience include, but are not limited to: working in a K-12 school setting, working with underserved student populations, work in leadership positions. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Successful candidate will possess a high degree of initiative, independent judgment and excellent organizational skills; maintain a high degree of sensitivity to confidential information and work with competing priorities; be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disability Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call (909) 748-8040.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909-748-8040 OR www.redlands.edu
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATE AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY
AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBER OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=5e371509-0763-4e7d-bea0-7e33ae6912bc
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency