Administrative Floater - 500011
Administrative Floater - 500011
The Administrative Floater provides administrative support as the primary contact in various offices and departments across campus.. Floaters are hired throughout the year based on need. To be considered please complete the on-line application and upload a resume and cover letter.
The Floater Program provides short-term administrative support to all departments at the University of Richmond. This position supports department leaders by providing excellent office management requiring professionalism, confidentiality, flexibility and ability to work independently. Assignments can range from one hour to 12 weeks in length. All floaters must participate in all required program training; agree to work between 400-999 hours per year; work in departments as
assigned by HR; and provide feedback on each assignment.
For more information on the Floater Program go to: https://hr.richmond.edu/careers/floater-program/index.html
Assignments vary, depending on needs of department but could include:
- Answer phones, disseminate information to appropriate person/area
- Clients and visitors: greet and welcome
- Correspondence: create, merge and prepare mailings: collate, assemble and prepare, merge mailings on Word
- Provide data entry support
- Schedule appointments
- Other duties that relate to department projects as assigned.
- Enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic organization with a minimal amount of supervision while consistently modeling professionalism.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide superior customer service, and to work effectively with diverse groups of people internally and externally.
- Detailed oriented and excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Employees in the floater pool will exhibit solid performance in critical competency areas.
- Competencies that are assessed for individual performance will include attitudes, skills, behaviors, or personal characteristics essential to perform a job.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 1 year administrative support of experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Word and Excel required.
- This will be an on-campus role (not remote)
- Non-exempt, temporary position that works less than 1,000 hours per year
- Work hours will vary based on assignment; Schedules will generally fall between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm; Monday – Friday
- Hiring Rate: $14.50 per hour
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE