Administrative Assistant, Medical Services - Department of Student Health and Wellness
Job location: ELSON STUDENT HEALTH CENTER
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-05
The University of Virginia's Department of Student Health and Wellness Medical Services is seeking an Intermediate Administrative Assistant. The Intermediate Administrative Assistant will assist with section’s administrative coordination, human resources tasks, and quality improvement, particularly as they apply to new COVID clinic staff and work flow.
Duties will include:
- Serving as contact person for Director of Medical Services, other Medical Services leadership, and staff working in COVID clinic
- Oversight of the COVID clinic schedule
- Coordination of searches, interviews, on-boarding, and orientation of staff for the COVID clinic
- Administrative support for Workday processes for staff working in COVID clinic
- Administrative support for staff working on isolation and quarantine programs and teams
- Administrative support for students enrolled in Interactive home monitoring
- Administrative support for data management
- Assistance with ordering supplies if necessary
- Coordinating peer review within COVID clinic
- Assisting with quality improvement initiatives in COVID clinic
- Assisting with after hours coordination and communications as affect COVID clinic
- Scheduling COVID staff meetings, and taking minutes
- Ensuring that all COVID policies and procedures are up to date and uploaded to intranet
- Other duties as assigned, that might fall outside of COVID-specific needs.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: At least one year of relevant experience.
The successful candidate will pass both a background check and a drug screen. Preference will be given to applications received by October 16, 2020. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘R0019055.' Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for 'Requisition R0019055," complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at email@example.com.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.