Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-05
Responsible for communicating and coordinating the movement of patients to and from University of Virginia Health using various resources such as ambulances, wheelchair vans, taxis, buses, and other means of transportation. Responsible for communicating with various internal and external customers involved with patient movement and medical center operations.
Work requires detailed knowledge of regional geography, familiarity with insurance coverages, and application and interpretation of organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains relationships between agencies/departments.
- Investigate and Report Transportation Complaints
- Coordinate Transportation
- Processes invoices for transportation providers
- Assists supervisor in development and implementation of processes and policies. Collects and tracks data on volumes, etc. Assists in training other staff members performing this role and others involved in the process. Develops, implements and maintains effective and professional office practices and procedures.
- Interfaces effectively with peers and customers and assumes responsibility for professional development of self and others per department policy.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods and repetitive motion: computer keyboard. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.