Senior Program Manager, HERS
HERS is a dynamic and independent non-profit dedicated to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive community of women leaders through various strategies with a special focus in higher education. HERS alumnae include over 6,000 women faculty, staff, and administrators on approximately 1,400 campuses in the U.S., as well as women from institutions in Canada, South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria, and other nations. They may be everything from assistant directors in student life to the university president. HERS offices have been located on the University of Denver campus since 1983.
As a Senior Program Manager on the Programs Team at HERS, you'll have an opportunity to be the face of HERS during our signature program and other program services. We are seeking a Senior Program Manager (SPM) to manage program development project (online and in-person course development) and serve as the primary contact for contractors, who are subject matter experts facilitating sessions within our programs. This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategies and tactics that advance women leaders, promote gender equity in higher education, and enhance engagement with HERS programs and services.
The SPM manages projects independently and has the ability to contribute on an individual level and manage the work of contractors, vendors, and other staff as needed. The ideal candidate will have the skills to contribute both strategically and tactically to HERS effectiveness. This position will work with all members of the HERS team including full-time employees, part-time employees, and contractors to ensure that small and large scale implementation programs are well-executed owning the planning, coordination, and risk management both within and outside HERS. You'll ensure a contractors program experience, onboarding, and setup is exceptional. The SPM will have frequent interactions with various vendors and contractors; a significant amount of time is also spent with the HERS team, analyzing data, supporting program development, and providing reports and supporting program delivery.
This position will report to a member of the HERS leadership team and will work on the Programs Team. HERS is in a program expansion mode and this role is pivotal on our continued success. Join us in shaping bold leadership!
We are especially interested in considering applications from members of underrepresented groups, first-generation college graduates or people who work on topics related to these issues.
- Personally lead the management of a small portfolio (likely 2-3) of program development projects.
- Document and secure approval for the scope of all program development, new and revised projects.
Program Development, Management, and Implementation
- Serve as the program convener, as assigned by member of HERS leadership team.
- Provide an exceptional onboarding experience to all clients and client stakeholders.
- Provide insights and information to clients during 1:1 sessions, consulting them on how to best transform their organizations and become champions on their team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years experience working in a team environment.
- Masters degree in Adult Education or 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in non-profit or higher education.
- Experience working with marginalized communities.
- Experience working in people development, programming and training.
- PMP, Prince2 or similar PM certification/experience.
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: Qualtrics, SmartSheet, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, and G Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with e-learning.
- Demonstrated experience with instructional technology, design, or development.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as necessary.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, October 20th, 2020. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.