Administrative Support for Security Operations/Public Safety Office
Administrative Support for Security Operations/Public Safety OfficeTracking Code527-280 Job Description
Temporary, Full-time, 40 hours/week; Monday-Friday
Primary Purpose: Under general supervision of the Director, the employee will work in a professional, fast-paced, dynamic environment to perform technical, administrative, record keeping, security operations and dispatch support within the Public Safety department. Must be customer-service focused with a friendly, positive demeanor.
- Provides departmental administrative support, including composing and typing correspondence, invoices, statements, reports and other materials; edits and proofreads material produced by others.
- Prepares specialized reports; greets visitors to Public Safety and answers telephones;
- Provides dispatch services for the department;
- Provides keys, maintains key logs, schedules & tracks lock changes;
- Assists with base coordination in emergency/non-emergency situations;
- Monitors weather forecasts;
- Monitors & maintains emergency phones, cell phones, satellite phone;
- Assists with event and suite assignment coordination;
- Produces and maintains work orders and incident reports;
- Produces and distributes campus IDs and parking permits;
- Prints daily reports for officers – EMS, suites, vehicles, etc.;
- Manages lost and found;
- Schedules staff vehicle reservations and maintenance/repairs;
- Assists with managing budgets;
- May assist with interviews; screens and refers callers; answers various inquiries and provides information on departmental services and functions;
- Maintains filing and departmental equipment records; this includes maintaining specialized automated files and records and overseeing specialized documents or collection;
- Assists with training as directed by supervisor;
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Project work, as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
AA/AS degree required. In lieu of degree, consideration for years of experience in an education environment, or satisfactory combination of education and/or experience. At least 3-5 years of administrative experience or experience in a related area required. Florida operator’s license and satisfactory driving record required. Excellent customer service skills. Working knowledge of the computer, printer/scanner/fax machine, phones (including cell phones), and radios. Good telephone skills, well-modulated speaking voice and ability to provide prompt and courteous phone and walk in reception services. Initiative, independent judgment, discretion, tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. Must establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships. Good restraint and ability to handle stress and difficult interactions with others. Should possess strong communication and organizational skills overall and excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records and files. Computer skills to include proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Calendar) and the ability to learn security-based technology. Must be able to work overtime and a flexible schedule, as needed. Work to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence.Job Location Gulfport, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeTemporarySalary15.00 - USD