Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-05
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Office of Information Technology at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Programmer Analyst, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
Support and small enhancements
- Investigates support tickets for data and code issues.
- Resolves bugs with software changes.
- Makes small enhancements to existing solutions.
- Refines and follows established software life cycle and migration processes.
- Refines and uses standard and established tools used by the department.
- Reuses code and patterns whenever possible.
- Documents support tickets, projects, their tasks, and code.
- Demonstrates proficient to expert knowledge in one or more programming languages and frameworks, relational databases, and client/server programming to the point of mentoring others.
- Demonstrates Knowledge of development and support environments.
- Assists requirements analysis, design, development, testing and deployment in proven and unproven technologies. This may include data model development, software architecture and design, and automated builds and testing.
- Assists in planning and executing unit, User Interface, fault tolerance, load, and user story software tests.
- Assists in technical impact analysis, defining and estimating work on a project.
- Shares statuses and updates in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works independently on support and small to medium sized projects, sometimes with new technologies.
- Coordinates with one or more programmers.
SQL proficiency (T-SQL & PL/SQL experience preferred) required.
Must have Software programming training and production experience.
Experience with Java, Groovy, Frevvo, Snaplogic, Salesforce, Appworx, Ellucian's Banner Student Information System, OnBase and/or Workday preferred.
Must have experience with development and support practices.
Must have a demonstrated enthusiasm and ability to learn and quickly apply technologies.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.Salary:$60,000College or Department:Office of Information TechnologyLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2020-10-19-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.