Respiratory Therapist Senior/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleRespiratory Therapist Senior/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24815Working TitleDME-Respiratory Therapist Senior/UKHCDepartment NameH5000: CHANDLER - RETAIL PHARMACYWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level09Salary Range$19.66-31.91/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ASClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (through the National Board of Respiratory Care)Physical Requirements
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 25-100 pounds on a daily basis, kneel and bend, as well as stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.Shift
Primarily day shifts; may include weekends and holidays. Hours and days of the week subject to change based on needs of dept.Job Summary
The DME respiratory therapist ensures competent care of patients through airway management, blood gases, oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, pulse oximetry, CPAP/BIPAP, and other duties as it relates to assure the quality of patient care.
The ideal candidate will perform proper documentation of patient care activities and interventions, record therapy and results as required by ambulatory retail DME policy and regulatory agencies as well as perform routine preventative maintenance and simple repairs on respiratory therapy equipment. Must communicate with other health care teams to ensure the quality of care of patients.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of DME billable services and equipment usage, strong understanding of durable medical equipment. Strong computer skills; excellent communication skills and patient care experience.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Two years or more of DME respiratory therapy experience is preferred. Must be a registered respiratory therapist through the NBRC.Deadline to Apply10/26/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following National Board of Respiratory Care Credentials do you have or are eligible for?
- Certified Respiratory Therapist-CRT (only)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist-RRT
- * Do you have a current Kentucky Respiratory care practitioner’s license or are eligible to obtain one?
- * Do you have hospital experience in Respiratory Care and or DME/HME?
- * Do you have home respiratory care experience?
- * Please describe your knowledge and experience working with Durable Medical Equipment (DME) or Home Medical Equipment (HME).
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter