Behavioral Health Specialist/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleBehavioral Health Specialist/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24817Working TitleBehavioral Health SpecialistDepartment NameH6140:Psychiatric ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level11Salary Range$25.71-42.94/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Licensed Nurse and Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Certification within 6 months of hirePhysical Requirements
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to and over 10lbs; occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 15lbs; regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time while performing repetitive motions (such as typing); standing for extended periods of time; and interacting with staff, faculty, students, patients, and the public.Shift
9:00 am – 9:30 pmJob Summary
The University of Kentucky Healthcare (UKHC) Enterprise is seeking a Behavioral Health Specialist. The Behavioral Health Specialist will support the care of patients who have psychiatric, behavioral, and/ or substance use issues; this position will act as an expert resource and work collaboratively with the psychiatric and addiction consult services. The Behavior Health Specialist will support patient care through direct nursing consultation, coaching/mentoring, learning needs assessment, formal and informal education, and providing guidance to the nurses and team.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will be an experienced RN, hold at least a BSN, and will have strong interpersonal skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Certification in psychiatric nursing and behavioral health or psychiatric nursing and inpatient hospital experience preferred.Deadline to Apply10/19/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * This position requires a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Certification (RN-BC) within 6 months of hire date. Will you be able to meet this requirement?
- * Please choose the response that best represents your amount of paid, full-time employment experience in a behavioral health role.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter