Customer Service Representative 2
Posting Code: 2877586
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Administration and Business Operations, Customer Service, Student Services
To conduct in-depth interviews and use specialized knowledge to provide complicated technical information and services to customers; perform related work.Level Scope:
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.Essential Functions:
60% of Time the Customer Service Representative 2 must:
- Approximately 60% of their time working directly with external customers. Requires authority, knowledge, and judgment to answer more complicated requests where there are no clear procedural responses. Requirement to conduct in-depth interviews to elicit and record sensitive information; research and analyze information to make decisions and resolve complicated issues.
- Incumbents determine customers’ requests and needs and provide specialized information about agency programs and services. Research and interpret laws and technical information, and resolve complex, varied and sometimes controversial and/or volatile issues; prepare clear and concise responses for customers. Research information beyond existing procedures for many solutions and answers to questions. A high degree of human relation skills is required to persuade or influence others’ behavior.
- Identify customer service problems, make recommendations, and plan and coordinate program and communication changes. Incumbents may supervise staff or have leadwork responsibilities.
- Perform a variety of office support functions, may include answering phones, screening and channeling calls, and taking messages; scheduling; composing and signing routine correspondence; receiving money; maintaining record keeping systems by adding or deleting; compiling data and preparing reports.
35% of Time the Customer Service Representative 2 must:
- Rendering assistance to prospective students, current students, their family members, high school counselors, and other departments on campus in-person, on the phone and via email.
- Maintaining accurate working knowledge on current and upcoming state, federal, and university regulations relating to financial aid.
- Determining the individual financial needs of a student and recommending available options.
- Answering financial aid-related questions, clarifying information, and working with students and their families to understand how to proceed with the financial aid process.
- Protecting individuals' confidential information.
- Processing student requests and/or initiating actions required.
- Collaborating with staff within the Office of Financial Aid and other departments on campus.
- Working on special projects as assigned.
5% Duties as AssignedKnowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Intermediate word processing skills.
- Intermediate database skills to include create, format, edit, sort, filter, print and store data in pre-designed tables, customize tables, import and export data to tables, create forms and simple reports, set relationships between tables, convert, transfer or import data, design and create complex queries and reports.
- Knowledge of manipulating database software to store retrieve and compile information in a report format; using spreadsheet software; working in a health care environment; working in a call center environment; fluency in speaking, reading, writing Spanish and English and/or working with multiple electronic devices, systems, and data records.
Some knowledge of: interviewing methods.
Experience: interpreting, explaining, and applying regulations, laws or complex policies to carry out assignments; accessing data using a computerized system; independently handling complaints and upset individuals in a business setting; conducting sensitive fact-finding interviews.
- Strong attention to detail;
- Experience operating and accessing data using a Windows operating system;
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to perform basic math calculations either by hand or using a calculator;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- Self-directed in managing and prioritizing work flow;
- Ability to assist diverse student and family populations.
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please provide in your online submission: a resume with employment history (including dates) and a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this role.
Advertised: October 05, 2020
Applications close: October 19, 2020