Peer Student Tutor (Fall 2020) - Institutional Student Worker
Position Title:Peer Student Tutor (Fall 2020) - Institutional Student Worker Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:11/30/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Peer Student Tutors on the Dahlonega campus. Peer tutors are responsible for tutoring students in university-level courses and assisting students, faculty, and staff with all services provided by UNG tutoring centers.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Tutor students will help students in the respective subjects.
- Integrate study and learning strategies to promote independent learning.
- Complete the required 10-hour tutor training in addition to at least 25 hours of actual tutoring time, in accordance with College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) certification requirements.
- Complete required documentation, including client report forms as instructed by your supervisor.
- Be knowledgeable of and make appropriate referrals to other campus resources; inform the supervisor of such referrals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have ability to establish rapport and communicate well with students.
- Competency of subject matter with the ability to break down and explain component parts in a concise but clear manner.
- Must be friendly and personable; empathetic towards fellow students.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Must have an A or B in prospective courses tutor wishes to cover.
- Must have a subject related Faculty member recommendation, an email will suffice.
- Must have and maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.3.
- Experience in taking an online or hybrid course a plus.
- Tutoring or mentoring experience a plus.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.