Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance will report directly to the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration. This position will be responsible for the supervision of Student Financial Services, Financial Reporting, and Procurement Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Proactively oversees the preparation of financial statements and reports (ex. Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR); Annual Financial Statements; IPEDS, Higher Learning Commission reporting, Bond financial position statements and documents; etc.) to meet requirements throughout the year
- Oversees procurement functions to ensure efficiency and compliance with state and federal laws.
- Develops and implements new and innovative programs to enhance financial performance and business services.
- Collaborates with the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration in developing strategies for continued improvement of the university fiscal management and administrative functions.
- Provides financial management and analytical support for University-wide planning, programs and operations to support decision making as needed.
- Works directly with Vice Chancellor to develop models for financial analysis and forecasting reporting, including historical analysis of trends, peer comparisons, variance analysis and cost studies.
- Develops interactive financial models that allow for multiple scenarios and link key factors, including enrollment management, revenue and expense assumptions.
- Assists in the development of comprehensive financial capital plans.
- Assists in the financial analysis of capital financing proposals for campus projects.
- Represents the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration in internal and external meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree with substantially equivalent financial reporting experience and at least 5-8 years of progressively responsible managerial experience, preferably in a college, university, or public agency setting. Master’s degree preferred.
Working knowledge of college and university business practices; state-of-the-art systems and techniques is preferred; data processing applications for business; and knowledge of financial practices. Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Must be able to prepare and present complex financial and narrative reports in a clear and understandable manner. Highly developed management skills: able to lead and effectively supervise a professional staff. Proven analytical ability and good understanding of fund accounting principles. Working knowledge of cost accounting techniques and good internal control requirements. Strong professional judgement and attention to detail to ensure accuracy and timely completion of work. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with and influence decision making with senior leaders. Demonstrated ability to work with broad range of constituencies in a collegial and collaborative manner. Appreciation for and support of the mission, tradition, and culture of the University.
- PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly