Research Technician III
The School of Animal and Comparative Biomedical Sciences in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is currently seeking an inquisitive, well-organized, and highly motivated person for the position of Research Technician III or IV in the Zhou Lab. The successful candidate will work independently to perform cell culture, and cell functional assays to examine the fetal endothelial function in healthy and complicated pregnancy. This position will involve activities including maintenance of cell culture and lab equipment, perform cell functional assays, record keeping and filing, and training of personnel. Experience with endothelial cell culture, RT-qPCR, processing and handling of animal or human tissue specimens, and optimizing protocols for cell functional assays are preferred.
The School of Animal and Comparative Biomedical Sciences supports Inclusive Excellence. The University diversity strategic initiative is designed to engage every member of the university community in diversity and inclusiveness. Candidates are encouraged to support the department’s diversity and inclusiveness efforts and to be especially supportive of underrepresented communities including women and minorities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs;sick leave, paid vacation and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and record tissue/cell samples.
- Maintain samples storage and filing systems (i.e. physical and digital).
- Troubleshoot and maintain cell culture- and cell functional assay-related equipment (e.g. microscope, incubator, Cell
- Cryopreservation Tank, sample storage freezer/fridge).
- Perform cell culture, RT-qPCR, and update the standard operation procedures (SOPs).
- Train students and other personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; OR
- Four years of research-related cell culture or molecular biology research experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles practices and techniques of cell culture and molecular biology
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skillsFLSANon-Exempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryAgriculture and ExtensionBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of PayDOECompensation Typehourly rate Grade4 Career Stream and LevelOC3Job FamilyResearch & Lab Job FunctionResearch Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date Expected End Date Contact Information for CandidatesMunerra Muhammad
Open Date10/5/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.