Information Security Access II
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, a furlough and pay reduction program has been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the plan will be notified in accordance with adopted furlough and pay reduction program guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the furlough and pay reduction program and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu. UITS is a $60M organization of approximately 300 employees responsible for providing enterprise network, telecommunications, computing, and data services to the University of Arizona. UITS offers a broad array of services to the university community ranging from deploying and managing the campus’ wired and wireless networks to stewardship of the administrative applications that support the HR, payroll, finance, and student lifecycle management activities of the institution. Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in planning, design, enforcement and audit of security access policies and procedures which safeguard the access to enterprise systems.
- Updates, maintains, and documents security controls and provides direct support to the business and internal IT groups for security related issues.
- Advises on the integrity of security procedures, systems, and policies in the design of systems and facilities.
- Evaluates and recommend security products, services, and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
- Oversight of security programs and provides education on security policies and practices.
- Works with and supports campus professionals.
- Ensures that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security access.
- Administers user access and permissions.
- Works with users to document business, functional & technical requirements.
- Analyzes, reviews & documents current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Troubleshoots various customer and system access issues.
- Maintains ongoing communication with customers, business partners and other technical constituents.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment ensuring solutions meet the needs of a diverse and broad audience.
- General knowledge of security principles, theories and concepts.
- Ability to multitask and possess strong time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with contacts at multiple levels.
- Ability to appropriately implement policies and procedures for support products.
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
•Experience in support and administration for multiple products.
•Ability to multitask and shift priorities quickly.
•Strong customer service skills.
•Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
•Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
•Proven organizational and time management skills.
•Demonstrated ability in working independently and within a team environment.FLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryInformation TechnologyBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$47,048-$65,344Compensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade8 Career Stream and LevelPC2Job FamilyInformation Security Job FunctionInformation Technology Type of criminal background check required:Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date Expected End Date Contact Information for CandidatesGrishma Chitrakar