Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Endo- Diabetes - Lennar Foundation Medical Center
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-05
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University of Miami/UHealth Department of Medicine - Endo-Diabetes has an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN). The APRN will provide clinical care and education to patients with diabetes. Activities will be carried out in accordance with the scope of practice and standards for APRNs in Florida.
- Assess, diagnosis and treat patients with complex diabetes.
- Develops expertise in the management of patient with diabetes
- Focuses on prevention of complications of diabetes
- Writes prescriptions for medication, blood products based upon laboratory results, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, and post-discharge care in accordance with written practice protocols.
- Assists patients in monitoring blood glucose for medication control and adjustment for both insulin and noninsulin dependent diabetics.
- Initiates and facilitates clinical research protocols and coordinates patient care with research staff.
- Obtains complete medical history independent of supervision by the physician.
- Orders appropriate laboratory tests according to practice guidelines.
- Develops, implements and evaluates a plan of care that is appropriate for the patient and family.
- Actively participates in quality assurance programs and peer review activities.
- Responsible for providing assistance to physicians in the care and treatment of patients.
- Provides medical support to staff, triaging and implementing care in a knowledgeable and skillful
manner, as evidenced by team feedback and documentation in medical records.
- Administers nursing assessments to include performing examinations, giving injections and
assessing a patient's health status.
- Assess severity of patient's condition, determining and directing patients to appropriate medical
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, Masters Degree in Advanced Registered Nurse
- Valid/current Florida APRN License
- Preferred- Certification as a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) with the National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators (NCBDE)
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a registered nurse in acute care, and at least once year of experience as a nurse practitioner managing diabetic patients.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:n10