POSITION TITLE: Payroll Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Payroll and/or accounting experience is required
- Ability to be organized and produce accurate results while meeting established deadlines,
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with frequent interruption.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Proficiency with computer based software including Word, Excel, and Windows and the ability to learn in-house computer software.
- Extensive data entry skills, spreadsheet, and word processing proficiency required.
- Proficiency with desktop calculator.
- Demonstrated customer services skills, ability to relate effectively and tactfully with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member
- Responsible for the maintenance of employment and payroll records and processing of the College payroll
- Process all payrolls timely and with efficiency
- Ensure all federal taxes are paid timely
- Assure confidentiality and security of records and information
- Assist with processing paperwork for new hires, terminations, and employee changes
- Prepare internal payroll reports as needed
- Comply with all federal, state, and college policies and regulations
- Prepare payments associated with payroll
- File documents into appropriate files in a timely manner;
- File and maintain employment records;
- Reconcile payroll accounts on a monthly and yearly basis
- Assist with cost analysis projects, program reviews, and external reporting as needed
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrates knowledge of
- Payroll laws
- Compliance and internal controls
- Department of Labor guidelines
- College policy and procedures
- Sound work ethics
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the immediate supervisor in accordance with provisions of the Jarvis Christian College Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Success in the workplace depends on a strong commitment to the tasks assigned, respect for others and confidentiality in handling, and dealing with prospects, and sensitive constituent information
- Honesty, integrity, and treating others with respect are expected at all times.
- Good presentation skills which include, but not limited to, professional dress/business attire, excellent personal grooming, and excellent verbal, as well as, written skills.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth and development, keeping current of best practices in area of responsibility
- Adhere to the Jarvis Christian College Code of Ethics
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Twelve (12) month position
Apply for Payroll Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly