Director of Schools & Community Partnerships #442898
Posting DetailsPosting Number20112007Position TitleDirector of Schools & Community Partnerships #442898FTE1.00Position TypeStaffDepartmentCollege of Education & Human Devel DeptJob Summary/Basic Function
The College of Education and Human Development (COEHD) at Lamar University seeks a dynamic individual to serve as Director of School and Community Partnerships. Within the organizational structure of the COEHD, this is a new 12-month position in the Dean’s Office reporting directly to the dean.
The COEHD has made an intentional decision to augment our relationships with schools and other community partners. It is clear that these partnerships need to be strategic, purposeful, and clearly articulated. All of our accrediting bodies expect providers to engage with partners and stakeholders, within their scope and context, to support schools and other agencies with identified needs and to address the overriding challenge of disparity in educational outcomes. These efforts should be commensurate with providers’ mission and context of service. Indeed, this is the vision put forth in our strategic plan as well as in the university’s strategic plan.
Finally, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) requires collaboration between university Educator Preparation Programs and partnership PK-12 schools as best practices. To promote innovative practices for university partnerships, TEA launched a program to encourage universities to focus on problems of practice and support the development of partnerships between researchers or college level personnel assisting struggling public schools working with the intent to improve schools. This can be accomplished by advancing the relevance of education research, and/or by bridging the gap between educational theory and the everyday work of practitioners and policymakers. In short, TEA expects universities to make a difference in the schools with which they partner.
1)A master’s degree in any of the academic disciplines housed in the COEHD is required. A terminal degree is preferred.
2)Must have prior experience in K-12 as a teacher and/or administrator.
3)Leadership experience within a collaborative environment.
4)Familiarity with the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and field experiences.
5)Evidence of cultivating and implementing meaningful partnerships in educator preparation and human development disciplines.
6)Experience in collecting and analyzing data for continuous program improvement.
7)Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This position is an onsite position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred QualificationsSecurity Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork Hours Posting Date09/23/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions
Please submit a Letter of Interest, Curriculum Vitae and the names and contact information of five professional references.
For questions regarding this position please contact Dr. Jill Killough, Search Committee Chair at [email protected] or 409-880-8665.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education that you have achieved?
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * How many years of experience do you have in K-12 as a teacher and/or administrator?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you familiar with the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and field experiences?
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Transcript 1
- Official Transcript 2