Staff Assistant - Clinical Education Department
Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Ric Edelman College of Communication & Creative Arts, the Colleges of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Rowan University is committed to assisting all members of the Rowan community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on the Department of Public Safety website at: https://sites.rowan.edu/publicsafety/_docs/annual_security_report.pdf
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you can stop by the Department of Public Safety Office, located at Bole Hall Annex, 201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, NJ 08028 or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (856) 256-4562 or 4506. The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, public safety authority, crime reporting policies, fire safety, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about fire statistics in Rowan University Residential Facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This information is required by federal law, Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or "Clery Act" and is provided by the Rowan University Department of Public Safety.
Nondiscrimination at Rowan University: Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and supporting regulations, Rowan does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education programs or activities that it operates; this extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its supporting regulations may be directed to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education or to the University’s Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator:
Monise Princilus, Ed.S.
Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator
Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Office of Student Equity & Compliance
Savitz Hall, Suite 203
201 Mullica Hill Rd, Glassboro, NJ 08028
For information on the Title IX Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault policy and grievance procedures, please click here.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Staff Assistant - Clinical Education Department
Job no: 494747
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Stratford, New Jersey
Job Title: Staff Assistant - Clinical Education
Department: Academic Affairs, Clinical Education
Facility: School of Osteopathic Medicine
Reports To: Assistant Dean of Clinical Education
SUMMARY: We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer service focused individual to serve as the first contact for the Clinical Education Department at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine. The Department of Clinical Education is responsible for providing clinical training sites for over 400 medical students at more than 50 different sites generating over 4,000 clerkships. This key position is amongst a dynamic team that works closely with our hospital and clinical partners, graduate medical students, and other divisions within Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Receives and appropriately handles incoming written and oral correspondence, makes appointments, schedules meetings, and responds to inquiries.
- Responsible for providing administrative, analytical, computing and staff support for the Clinical Education department. Executes assignments and tasks requiring data collection, information gathering, analysis, data entry/retrieval, reports, database maintenance, and forms and graphics generation utilizing a variety of software packages.
- Provides administrative support to the Assistant Dean for Clinical Education and clerkship coordinators, including calendar management, meeting planning, and preparing travel paperwork
- Assists in implementing the third year and fourth year evaluation process through our online evaluation program and monitors the process throughout the year.
- Processes, reviews, verifies, and tracks all forms submitted by Rowan SOM and / or visiting students essential to the needs of clinical clerkships.
- Processes orders for end of clerkship exams (COMAT exams); coordinates room reservation for end of clerkship exams (COMAT exams), distributes the exams and results to the Rowan SOM clerkship directors. Proctors exams when available.
- Plans and schedules student orientation to the third year of medical school.
- Participates in the review, preparation, and distribution of comment summaries for all 3rd and 4th year core clerkships.
- Understands and adheres to ROWAN's compliance standards as they appear in ROWAN's Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Keeps abreast of all federal, state and ROWAN regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate for this position must be highly organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and the ability to quickly learn new software will be required in order to be successful in this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts or science is required. A highly qualified person for this position would have experience working with students. Higher education experience preferred.
Advertised: Oct 5 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 18 2020 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time