Staff Assistant - Curriculum Division
Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Ric Edelman College of Communication & Creative Arts, the Colleges of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Rowan University is committed to assisting all members of the Rowan community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on the Department of Public Safety website at: https://sites.rowan.edu/publicsafety/_docs/annual_security_report.pdf
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you can stop by the Department of Public Safety Office, located at Bole Hall Annex, 201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, NJ 08028 or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (856) 256-4562 or 4506. The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, public safety authority, crime reporting policies, fire safety, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about fire statistics in Rowan University Residential Facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This information is required by federal law, Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or "Clery Act" and is provided by the Rowan University Department of Public Safety.
Nondiscrimination at Rowan University: Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and supporting regulations, Rowan does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education programs or activities that it operates; this extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its supporting regulations may be directed to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education or to the University’s Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator:
Monise Princilus, Ed.S.
Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator
Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Office of Student Equity & Compliance
Savitz Hall, Suite 203
201 Mullica Hill Rd, Glassboro, NJ 08028
For information on the Title IX Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault policy and grievance procedures, please click here.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Staff Assistant - Curriculum Division
Job no: 494748
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Stratford, New Jersey
Job Title: Staff Assistant
Department: SOM Academic Affairs, Curriculum Division
Facility: School of Osteopathic Medicine
Reports To: Assistant Dean for Curriculum
SUMMARY: Serves as primary administrative aide to Curriculum Division of Academic Affairs. Performs a wide variety of administrative and support services for the Curriculum Division to maximize efficient workflow. Assists in the planning and support of program activities. Assists in coordinating office operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides administrative support to the Curriculum Division of Academic Affairs (the Assistant Dean for Curriculum, Medical Scholarship Director, Phase Directors, Director of Professionalism and Ethics, and Curriculum Program Assistants etc), including calendar management, travel arrangements, copying/collating etc.
- Act as day-of coordinator of all case-based learning activities in the pre-clerkship curriculum including the material preparation.
- Act as the Academic Affairs contact for issues pertaining to Areas of Distinction, including the maintenance of the approved events tracker, archival of portfolios, generation of sign in sheets, etc.
- Provide cross coverage for other members of Curriculum’s administrative team as needed.
- Act as Course Administration support to Health System Sciences, Medical Humanities, Medical Scholarship, and Biostatistics.
- Maintains essential records and assists in the maintenance of all activity files.
- Assists in maintaining department accounts, monitoring expenditures, and ensuring compliance with budgets.
- Assists with maintaining the one45 curriculum management system.
- Assists in maintaining facility and equipment by calendaring warranties and corresponding with vendors. Serves as liaison with Facilities and Housekeeping.
- Coordinates and prepares materials for standing committee meetings.
- Prepares and/or compiles special reports, monthly reports, meeting minutes, and other related reports within prescribed guidelines.
- Provides reception and front desk coverage greeting all visitors.
- Screens calls and provides information in accordance with organizational policy.
- Assists with official Curriculum correspondence with students.
- Keeps abreast of all federal, state, and Rowan University regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must highly organized and a self starter who is able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in liberal arts, public or business administration, the social sciences or a related field, plus one (1) year of professional level experience in a business office, government agency, or university setting. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and ability to quickly learn new software required.
Advertised: Oct 5 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 18 2020 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time