Part-Time Nurse Practitioner
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitlePart-Time Nurse PractitionerDepartmentHSC-Peds and Women's Hlth-300740Job LocationFort WorthFull Time/Part TimeSalary InformationSalary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary
The Department of Pediatrics and Women’s Health within the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM) faculty includes five doctoral level researchers, ten Pediatric physicians and three Obstetrics and Gynecology physicians. TCOM is a leader in comprehensive primary care and consistently is named one of the nation’s top 50 medical schools for primary care. It is recognized for curricular innovation, academic performance, and community collaboration. TCOM is located on the campus of UNTHSC in the heart of Fort Worth, one of “America’s Most Livable Communities” which has thriving culture, and commerce, excellent educational opportunities, remarkable museums, a vibrant downtown area, and an exciting western heritage.Position Overview
The Department of Pediatrics and Women’s Health – Pediatric Mobile Clinic is seeking a part-time Nurse Practitioner to join our team. This position is responsible for providing primary care services and participates within an inter-professional team focused on the delivery of services within a primary care ambulatory care setting. Position requires the clinical assessment/evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and management of patients in accordance with standard of care.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s degree and five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Must have graduated from an accredited Physician Assistant program, or an accredited Graduate Nursing Program.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
•Ability to obtain a Texas Physician Assistant License, Advance Practice Registered Nurse License, Nurse Practitioner
•Ability to practice medicine within the scope of license, training and credentials
•Ability to care for a diverse patient population
*Bilingual, English – Spanish
*Experience working with school districts and school nursing staff
*Ambulatory Care, Mobile health, or Community Nursing experience
*Current BLS certification
• Texas Advance Practice Registered Nurse
M-F – 2 days per weekDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleAdvance Practice ProfessionalPhysical RequirementsCarrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Kneeling, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear Job Duties o
• Primary medical care to patients with various medical continuations; examine, diagnose, provide anticipatory guidance, develop and review treatment plans, ongoing care, order and review laboratory tests as needed to treat medical patients of all ageso
• Actively participate in a multi-disciplinary team of individuals in primary care deliveryo
• Collaborate with medical supervisor/physician of the healthcare team(s) and other members of the team such as; advance practice professionals and other clinical providers (Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Pharmacist, LVN, social worker, specialist etc)o
• Provide continuous and comprehensive primary care for infants, children, and youtho
• Document care provided within an electronic health recordo
• Coordinate and integrate care across all elements of the healthcare systemo
• Assist with coordinating comprehensive school-based immunization clinics, communicating with nurses in participating schools, and attending immunization clinics.Posting NumberS1001PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/38576Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Have you graduated from an accredited Physician Assistant program or accredited graduate Nursing Program?
- * Have you obtained a Texas Advance Practice Registered NurseLicense?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae