Assistant Professor - Finance
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-05
Job TitleAssistant Professor - FinanceAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentAccounting & Finance - ACFNProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
The Department of Accounting and Finance in the College of Business at Texas A&M University - Commerce invites applications for a full time, 9-month, tenure track faculty position in finance at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin in Fall 2021. We are looking for a qualified applicant who will provide quality teaching in multiple areas of finance at the graduate and undergraduate levels, engage in high quality scholarly work and provide service to the University and the profession.
The Department of Accounting and Finance is one of the largest departments in the College of Business at Texas A&M University – Commerce. The finance discipline in the department houses both undergraduate (BBA) and graduate (MS) majors, minors in finance, real estate and financial planning and also supports the College of Business core requirements. Our AACSB accredited programs offer opportunities for internships, executive mentorships, international experiences, volunteer work, and research collaboration with faculty.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. However, for best consideration applications should be received by November 6, 2020. Texas A&M University - Commerce appreciates all applications but can only respond to qualified candidates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach both graduate and undergraduate finance courses. Teaching assignments are based upon qualifications of the individual and the needs of the department.
- Establish a strong research record.
- As needed, assist in and/or lead the development of new graduate certificates , graduate and/or undergraduate courses.
- Advise and mentor graduate students.
- Participate in all aspects of the finance discipline initiatives.
- Serve on selected department, college and university service committees.
For appointment as an Assistant Professor, applicants must have a Ph.D. in Finance from an AACSB accredited program
ABDs may apply for the position if they will finish all the requirements by August 1, 2021.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
Proven record of higher education teaching experience, evidence of ability to initiate and complete high quality research within the discipline.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- High-quality scholarly work (peer reviewed journal publications) a plus.
- Evidence of superior teaching and ability to teach a variety of courses are highly desirable.
- Previous on-line teaching and course development experience are also desirable.
Candidates are invited to apply via the Texas A&M University - Commerce website at www.tamuc.edu.
Please also submit the following with your application.
- A cover letter expressing interest in the position
- Current CV
- Research statement
- Job market paper
- Teaching evaluations (if available)
- Doctoral transcripts and
- Three references
Screening of applications will begin November 6, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.