Research Services Coordinator
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Research Services Coordinator (Research Services Senior Professional)
Position #752404 – Requisition #19319
As a vital team member of the Administrative Research Core, the Research Services Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Ob-Gyn faculty with planning, organizing, and managing operational activities related to preaward services, including proposal submissions and the Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC) routing process. This position will be responsible for providing administrative and technical guidance and support for faculty, fellows, and staff seeking outside funding for research, public service, and special sponsored institutional projects ensuring departmental compliance with diverse federal, state, and university regulations, policies, and procedures governing Ob-Gyn basic and clinical research efforts. Duties listed will phase in as this position is trained, receiving support from the Research Services Manager.Supervision Received: This position reports to the Research Services Manager.Supervision Exercised: This position will include the support of research projects and, under the direction of the Research Services manager, will have some authority to make business decisions as they relate to the administration of these functions. The position will not supervise other employees. Examples of Work Performed:PreAward:
- Manages, develops, implements and oversees pre-award grant functions, including ensuring all applications follow the sponsor guidelines, the University guidelines and timelines, and adhere to all grant application regulations and requirements.
- Prepares budget and provides financial support and guidance to faculty for each grant application.
- Reviews grant applications prior to submission and ensures that all sponsor guidelines are met.
- Prepares sponsor and institutional forms prior to submission deadlines, including assurance numbers, internal and external budgets, F&A calculations, compliance documentation, subrecipient agreements for subcontracts, scope of work documents, and budget justifications.
- Prepares progress reports in eRA Commons in collaboration with the PI.
- Coordinates all necessary information for Just-In-Time requests from the Office of Grants and Contracts and submits material within the required time frame.
- Guides and facilitates faculty and staff in the development and preparation of research proposals, contracts, sub-contracts, and agreements, to include budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
- Analyzes and evaluates contract and grant budgets for correct calculation of expenditure categories such as salaries, percent of effort, salary adjustment increases, fringe benefits, indirect costs, materials, and equipment.
- Coordinates receipt of awards and contract documentation; maintains proposal and funding records in database systems, and prepares scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses.
- Routes DUAs, MTAs, BAAs, and other clinical agreements for full execution and monitors progress following up as needed.
- Routes industry-sponsored projects to OGC for budget review and coordinates HSR portal submission.
- Develops clinical budgets based on the protocol and calendar of events based on UCHealth and CU Medicine pricing.
- Communicates with sponsors, investigators, and study teams for budget negotiations and assists with contract reviews to full execution.
- Advises on relevant program announcements and tailors searches for research teams’ areas of interest.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Develops and presents educational content to department research faculty, staff, and professional research assistants at quarterly research meetings, faculty meetings, and other relevant meetings as necessary.
- Develops original content for department research edition newsletter, including advising research personnel on changing regulations and policies/procedures.
- Assists the research services manager with developing general research policies and procedures relating to clinical research and is independently responsible for development and maintenance of department SOPs relating to regulatory policies and procedures.
- Cross-trains with the other members of the team and provides service coverage when needed.
- Identifies and participates in training opportunity to enhance knowledge in all areas of responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, healthcare, finance, accounting, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in an academic research environment.
- One (1) year of experience with research administration.
- Two or more years previous research administration of grant and/or contracts.
- Experience with NIH grant submissions.
- Experience with Oncore, InfoEd, CU Data, Marketplace, etc.
- Experience communicating with Industry Sponsors.
- Experience with clinical research budgeting.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population of faculty, staff and students.
- Excellent knowledge regarding clinical research regulations and principals of ethical conduct.
- Knowledge, experience, and ability to manage complex information and computer systems.
- Effective communication/presentation skills and a proven track record of forming collaborative and effective working relationships with physicians and administrative leaders.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 5, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing