Web & Graphics Designer
The Web and Graphics Designer reports to the Director of Communications within Public Affairs in the Office of the Chancellor. This position is responsible for development and day-to-day maintenance of the Office of the Chancellor’s public and employee web platforms. This position designs interactive graphics that can be used on multiple platforms to support State System initiatives and campaigns. This position will assist and train content editors using the System’s content management system, Microsoft SharePoint.
- One year as an Information Technology Trainee or Computer Programmer 2;
- One year of information technology experience in applications development or applications maintenance, and an associate’s degree in any information technology field;
- Three years of information technology experience that includes one year of experience in applications development or applications maintenance;
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Four years of experience designing and developing websites and graphics for digital and print uses in a higher education, corporate or professional environment.
- Demonstrated balance of design creativity and technical proficiency necessary for the role.
- Experience creating interactive graphics that can be used on multiple platforms (e.g.. web, print, email, social media).
- Experience in responsive web design.
- Ability to work creatively, cooperatively, and independently.
- Proficiency with the aspects of the Adobe Creative suite necessary for effective graphic design for digital and print applications
- Experience in higher education, or a government setting is of added value
- Web design experience on Microsoft SharePoint platform
- Experience with Google Analytics
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than end of day on October 25, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation. Please include Resume/CV, letter of application explaining how the your experiences and skills make you a highly qualified candidate for the position, and contact information for 5 professional references
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The State System is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
We are an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
The State System does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact our Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at [email protected] or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected]