Office Admiministrative Associate B
Posting DetailsPosition TitleOffice Admiministrative Associate BRequisition NumberSCL00255General Description
Reporting into the Director, the Office Administrative Associate B position requires the use of independent judgment, initiative and decision-making and provide administrative and clerical support to the College’s Career Connections Department. The Office Administrative Associate B supports the department by serving as the primary contact person on behalf of the department this position requires a high-level of interaction with students, faculty, employers and department staff by ensuring that they can access the department’s primary resources, services, activities and software platforms that are utilized in the department. Duties and responsibilities will primarily be complex and may involve developing plans for accomplishing and prioritizing work, reasoning and analyzing data to resolve problems.
Testing for this position:
Office Grammar and Spelling
• Format and prepare documents, forms, correspondence, memos, etc.; proofreading documents for accuracy.
• Process a variety of forms, maintaining appropriate records on our software platforms and/or spreadsheets, updating departmental schedules and databases, as needed.
• Provide exceptional customer service in responding to faculty, staff, employers and administration at all levels, handling priority communications efficiently and with tact, and maintaining records of communication in the Career Connections Employment Hub and other databases.
• Screen guests including internal and external guests via phone calls and correspondence, determining the nature of the visit or inquiry, providing guidance on protocol and process.
• Respond to various types of inquiries and correspondence, analyzing requests and gathering information to provide the appropriate response.
• Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations.
• Ensure the security and confidentiality of all student and employer information and other confidential documents.
• Maintain and oversee departmental inventories, anticipating and planning for needed supplies for upcoming or seasonal events and activities; preparing and executing purchase requisitions and supply orders, as needed.
• Maintain knowledge of departmental processes and procedures, applying knowledge to provide information to students, faculty, staff and employers about the Career Connections Department and our services.
• Participate in the coordination of meetings, events, workshop presentations and attend planning sessions, reserve space, notify attendees, and provide materials and handouts as needed.
• Sort and direct routine mail; refer non-routine or priority mail to the appropriate person.
• Assist students in scheduling appointments with Pathway Coordinators, the process to register for events and demonstrate good judgment in providing information concerning leadership.
• Assist the leadership team with the selection of work-study students, providing direction in accomplishing day-to-day tasks and overseeing their weekly timesheet submissions.
• Assist the Director of Career Connections and the Manager of Employer Partnerships with maintaining and updating the department’s calendar and schedule of events.
• Maintain a daily schedule for the Director of Career Connections.
• Take minutes of staff meetings and other meetings as assigned by the Director of Career Connections.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional & courteous manner.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, staff, and employers of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• High school diploma, or its equivalent (e.g. GED), required.
• Five (5) years of clerical and administrative experience in a fast-paced professional environment required.
• Strong computer proficiency utilizing MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service in dealing with internal (students, faculty, and staff) and external constituencies required.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
• Ability to proofread and edit reports, memoranda, letters and other documents with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks and balance multiple priorities required.
• Ability to organize and plan work methodically with attention to detail required.
• Professional appearance and demeanor required.Preferred Qualifications
• Prior experience working in a Banner or equivalent environment preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Testing for this position:
Office Grammar & Spelling
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on October 19, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank6Salary Range$17.60 - $22.51Job Posting Open Date09/24/2020Job Posting Close DateType of PositionClassifiedJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application