Physical Therapist Assistant Professor/Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education
Physical Therapist Assistant Professor/Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education
Salary: $67,386.00 - $88,844.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time Faculty - Tenure-Track
Job Number: 5917-f-10/20
Closing: 11/12/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia/Tulare/Hanford, CA
Department: Allied Health
Sequoias Community College District is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time tenure track faculty position in the Physical Therapy Assistant Department starting January 2021. Responsibility as the Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE) is an integral part of this position.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting faculty who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Under the direction of the Director of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program, this tenure track faculty member primary teaching load will be in the core PTA curriculum courses utilizing best practices to meet the requirements of a diverse student body. In addition, the faculty member will perform the duties of the ACCE and be responsible for coordinating, facilitating, and monitoring activities on behalf of the academic program and in coordination with clinical faculty. Courses may include evening classes, weekend classes, and teaching at any of the three District locations in Visalia, Hanford or Tulare.
The faculty member will provide classroom instruction in accordance with established course outlines while using comparative cross-cultural, multicultural, and multidisciplinary perspectives.
Participation in the governance of the District by way of committee assignments is encouraged. Other responsibilities include maintenance of a required number of office hours to meet student needs, full participation in departmental and programmatic responsibilities, and the willingness to create and/or participate in and sustain an atmosphere of equity, which is respectful of campus-wide diversity. The faculty member will provide classroom instruction in accordance with established course outlines while using comparative cross-cultural, multicultural, and multidisciplinary perspectives.
The candidate must meet the following criteria. The degree must be from an institution accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or the equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant professional program
- Must have appropriate license to work in the state of California.
- A minimum of three years' experience as a licensed Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant and three years of clinical teaching and/or clinical coordination experience.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The Physical Therapy Assistant Program is looking for evidence of ability to do the following:
- An earned post-professional master's degree or doctorate's degree in physical therapy education, clinical specialty or other related field of study
- Develop course and lab content; implement teaching strategies and assessment of student learning outcomes in compliance with the CAPTE criteria for an accredited PT Assistant program.
- Develop, monitor and refine the clinical education component of the curriculum.
- Facilitate quality-learning experiences for students during clinical education.
- Successful experience teaching students of ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Evaluate students' performance, in cooperation with other faculty, to determine their ability to integrate didactic and clinical learning experiences and to progress within the curriculum.
- Educate students, clinical and academic faculty about clinical education.
- Select clinical learning environments that demonstrate characteristics of sound patient/client management, ethical and professional behavior, and currency with physical therapy practice.
- Maximize available resources for the clinical education program.
- Provide documented records and assessment of the clinical education component including clinical education sites, clinical educators, etc.
- Engage core faculty in clinical education planning, implementation and assessment.
- Communicate between the Academic Institution and Affiliated Clinical Education Sites.
- Perform academic responsibilities consistent with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), and with institutional policy.
- Manage clinical responsibilities consistent with CAPTE, federal/state regulations, institutional policy, and practice setting requirements.
- Develop criteria and procedures for clinical site selection, utilization, and assessment (e.g. APTA Guidelines for Clinical Education).
- Collaborate with clinical faculty to promote, coordinate, plan and provide clinical faculty development opportunities using effective instructional methodologies and technologies.
- Teach regular PT Assistant curriculum classes and other classes in division if qualified.
- Incorporate student learning outcome objectives within course and programs and willingness to develop and use stated objectives and measures.
- Alternative instructional modes, such as web-based or on-line instruction, multi-media systems, cooperative learning, or integrated curricula.
- Address the needs of diverse and frequently underprepared student populations taking a wide range of college level course.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies and assessment methods that encourage retention while successfully challenging a diverse student population.
- Take on leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole.
- Engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
Applicants must submit the following material to be considered:
- Completed online application.
- Diversity Statement (included within the online application)
- Letter of interest which addresses each of the Representative Duties and presents your philosophy of teaching; as well as classroom and clinical experience. (500-600 words).
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- A sample lab assignment accompanied by a rationale for that assignment.
- Please add the sample lab as an attachment under "Other" within the "Attachment" section of the online job application.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work (If transcripts are not in English, include a summary of courses and grades).
- Official transcripts required upon employment.
- Equivalency document (if necessary)
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation addressing pertinent experience or equivalent competencies.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2876564/physical-therapist-assistant-professor-academic-coordinator-of-clinical-education
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency